By now we’ve all seen the CDC’s guidelines recommending people to wear face coverings in public in order to protect your community. Many joggers, runners, and exercise fiends have been on the hunt for the perfect heat-friendly, breathable, face mask that would allow them to exercise while remaining safe. We’ve researched and tested a variety of face masks, and have compiled six of the best masks that relieve many of summer’s most annoying mask problems.
1. These soft, workout-friendly Reebok masks won’t hinder your performance or slow you down, heat or no heat. In these, you can go about your outdoor exercise with ease and comfort.
Made with soft, breathable fabric, the Reebok Face Cover is comfortable, washable and reusable. This cover is not a medically graded mask nor a Personal Protective Equipment but can help prevent the spread of viruses and germs through droplet transmission.
Get a set of three from Reebok for $20.
2. This pack of colorful masks from Athleta may not look it but are actually perfect for outdoor exercise. Reviewers are raving about the ability of these masks to whack away summer sweat even during a heat wave.
The masks are made with soft, breathable non-medical fabric, and come in an assortment of colors. Athleta is also donating 100,000 non-medical masks to a major healthcare organization.
Get a five-pack from Athleta for $30.
3. Bamboo Is Better created bamboo face masks that are sure to keep your face cool while being made with sustainable materials that are good for you and good for the planet.
Bamboo Is Better is a California-based Etsy shop that specializes in bamboo face masks. They are donating a mask for every mask sold up, so why not contribute to this incredible mission? They are available in three sizes, including kids sizes, as well as a variety of seven colors.
Get it from Bamboo Is Better on Etsy for $21.99.
4. These triple-layer Old Navy masks come in 20 different colors and aesthetics. They present a great fit that stays on and prevents overheating during exercise.
These are made with 100% cotton, are soft and breathable, with a 3-ply woven 100% cotton poplin. They can be machine washed and reusable. A huge plus is that they come in a variety of stylish colors and prints, to match any summer outfit you can possibly imagine.
Get a five-pack from Old Navy for $12.50.
5. Masks Made Here created these reusable performance face masks for people who tend to get especially soaked during hotter weather.
This is a great mask for runners. It’s thick but extremely breathable. When you inhale, the fabric doesn’t get stuck to your skin or make you feel trapped. It comes with adjustable ear toggles which can be tightened or loosened but is extremely reliable to stay on your face during your workout—no matter how laborious it is.
Get it from Masks Made Here for $16.
6. This Under Armour sports face mask is truly the real deal.
Designed to sit off of the face and mouth so it doesn’t really interfere with your breathing, it’ll still protect you properly. Your face will remain cool because it’s made with UA’s Iso-Chill technology that is meant to disperse heat from the skin. On top of that, it is available in five sizes so it can truly accommodate your build.
Get it from Under Armour for $30.