Following the Sotheby’s auction of the Virgil Abloh-designed Louis Vuitton Air Force 1 and an exhibition in NYC of additional Louis Vuitton x Nike Air Force 1 pairs, Fat Joe and Mayor are hosting a rare AF1 auction in honor of the late designer.
About the hosts
Both Fat Joe and Mayor are known for their extensive sneaker collections, and both are arguably the foremost experts of the Air Force 1 silhouette. If you’re a sneakerhead, these two need no further introduction.
If you’re not familiar with either, Fat Joe broke the internet when he licked a deadstock pair of Air Jordan 7 “Olympics” on an episode of MTV Cribs back in the day.
And Mayor has zero chill when it comes to drip, buying, and talking about the AF1 silhouette.
The charity auction will benefit Virgil’s legacy with 100% of the proceeds from the auctions being donated to his Post Modern Scholarship fund.
Fat Joe and Mayor will host 5 mystery box auctions starting at 9PM ET on June 29 via Mayor’s Whatnot channel. The boxes will be opened at the end of the stream by Fat Joe in the order they were won/bought.
Now, you’re probably all wondering what’s up for grabs, look no further than the list below.
- Louis Vuitton x Nike Air Force 1 “Monogram” by Virgil Abloh
- Mayor’s Made-to-Order AF1 Croc “White/Purple”
- Mayor’s Made-to-Order AF1 Croc “Black/Red”
- Mayor’s Made-to-Order AF1 Croc “Black/Purple”
- Mayor’s Made-to-Order AF1 Croc “Black/Grey”
- Mayor’s Made-to-Order AF1 Croc “White/Orange”
- fragment design x Nike Lunar Force
- Fat Joe’s Terror Squad AF1 “Black/White”
- Fat Joe’s Terror Squad AF1 “White/Yellow”
- Fat Joe’s Terror Squad AF1 “Blue/White”
Currently pre-bids on the mystery boxes range from $300 – $1,000. The floor price is set at $3,000 for each and the ceiling is $150,000. Only 1 box will receive all 10 pairs.
Head over to Mayor’s Whatnot channel to participate.
If you live in NYC, Virgil’s “Figures of Speech” exhibition opens at the Brooklyn Museum on July 1.