It seems like everyday there is a new fashion brand celebrating Black History Month. The latest: Foot Locker.
Last week, Foot Locker released their inaugural list of Black innovators and creators that are shaping the future of sneaker culture. “The Sole List” highlights and honors this next generation by amplifying their voice and platforms. All honorees are big parts of the cultural conversation and have made strides in shifting sneaker culture, pop culture and streetwear.
Vice President of Marketing, Jason Brown, said in a press release:
“We recognize that Black culture plays a pivotal role in shaping sneaker culture — the foundation of our business at Food Locker. We aim to continue driving meaningful and lasting change across our company and within the communities we serve.”
The Sole List can be viewed on Foot Locker’s social media channels with video introductions of each winner. Viewers are able to see their work, impact and what inspires them. The official list is below.
- Ari Chambers, Founder of Highlight Her
- Che’Keita Jones, Founder of Kicks 4 Kids Foundation
- Dex Robinson, Celebrity/Athlete Stylist and Brand Manager
- Dion Walcott, VP of Brand Partnerships at Yellowbrick and Founder of Martk’d
- Grey Skye Evans, Multi-Talented Child Influencer
- Jeff Harris, Founder of #JeffsShoeChallenge
- Justin Johnson, Founder of Kicks 4 the City
- Channing Beumer, Founder of CNK Daily
- Nikki Boutte, Photographer
- Tausha Sanders, Founder of Her Grails
Photo via Foot Locker