Now that we’re all spending time at home, and on our phones, are you contemplating becoming a famous Instagrammer, and dare we say… influencer? What if we told you, you didn’t have to be verified to use all the features awarded to high following accounts – intrigued?
One of these features, the elusive Swipe-Up, are seen on accounts that are verified or have at least 10,000 followers. This feature allows Instagram users to share web links on their stories that will take followers directly to the linked page. People Swipe-Up on shopping websites, cool articles, dance videos and so much more.
On a marketer’s end, it’s a great way to drive traffic while staying engaged with your audience. On a personal note, it eliminates your plea for fans to view the link in your bio. And now there’s an easy way to access this feature, even if you’re not verified and don’t have 10,000 followers.
In order to do this, change your Instagram account to a business account and follow the steps below.
Switch to a Business account
- Go to your profile and tap in the upper right corner.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Account.
- Tap Switch to Professional Account.
- Tap Business.
Call To Action
- Create an IGTV video. In the description, you can include a link and mention in the IGTV video that it will include a link so followers know where to go for more info, to donate or purchase a product. Save and publish your IGTV video.
- Create an Instagram story using either a photo, video or Boomerang. Tap the chain-link icon at the top of your screen. This icon will prompt you with a “call to action” option. You’ll then see prerecorded IGTV videos, select any that match what you’re promoting.
- Include a call to action on your story, could be with text or a sticker asking followers to swipe up.