We’re thrilled that Spotify is stepping up its sound game – the company recently announced that they will be introducing a Hifi Sound Quality upgrade.
During the digital streaming platform’s Stream On event, the company revealed that this new feature will be available to Premium account subscribers later in 2021. Through their newsroom, the company described the five things that everyone needs to know about their new high-quality music experience:
- High-quality music streaming is consistently one of the most requested new features by our users.
- Spotify HiFi will deliver music in CD-quality, lossless audio format to your device and Spotify Connect-enabled speakers, which means fans will be able to experience more depth and clarity while enjoying their favorite tracks.
- Ubiquity is at the core of everything we do at Spotify, and we’re working with some of the world’s biggest speaker manufacturers to make Spotify HiFi accessible to as many fans as possible through Spotify Connect.
- HiFi will be coupled with Spotify’s seamless user experience, building on our commitment to make sure users can listen to the music they love in the way they want to enjoy it.
- Spotify HiFi will begin rolling out in select markets later this year, and we will have more details to share soon.
The streaming service is promising more depth and clarity in its catalog, which will be facilitated by enabling the HiFi feature. Billie Eilish and her brother FINNEAS spoke about Spotify HiFi, where they explained how important this is for sound quality: “High quality audio means just more info. There’s just things you will not hear if you don’t have a good sound system. It is really important just because we make music that wants to be heard the way it was made.”